Easy online enrollment
Flexible payment options
Make College Easier to Pay For with a Tuition Payment Plan.
Make college more affordable by paying for tuition and fees over time. Tuition payment plans break down your tuition balance into affordable monthly payments. There’s no interest, payment options are flexible, setup fees are affordable, and it’s easy to enroll!
- Automatic bank payment (ACH)
- Credit card/debit card
Payments are processed on the 5th of the month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
Cost to Participate
- $40 enrollment fee per semester
- $30 returned payment fee if a payment is returned
Simple Steps to Enroll
- Go to www.montevallo.edu
- Please log in to Banner Self Service, click on Student, Student Account, and Set up Payment Plan.
- You will then see the withdrawal policy for UM.
- Once selecting the box to acknowledge you have read the withdrawal policy – click next.
- You may then choose to accept or decline Grad Guard (tuition insurance).
- Declining – Will prompt you back to your student profile on the Nelnet site to sign up for a payment plan as normal.
- Accepting – Will request payment information from Grad Guard. After completing the requested information with Grad Guard you will be sent back to your student profile on the Nelnet site to proceed to sign up for a payment plan. You (the student) will also receive an email receipt for signing up for Grad Guard.
Availability of the payment plan is determined by the University of Montevallo. Please be aware the college may elect not to have the payment plan available during specific times and dates during registration.
Need some help setting up a payment plan?
Watch this short how-to video.
*Note: This video tutorial is for demonstration purposes only. Your educational institution may offer options other than those shown in the video.
Payment plan available on November 1, 2021
|Dates to Enroll Online||Required Down Payment||Number of Payments||Months of Payments|
|Nov 1-Dec 2||none||5||Dec-April|
|Dec 3-Jan 3||none||4||Jan-April|
|Jan 4-Jan 27||20%||3||Feb-April|
|Jan 28-Jan 30||40%||2||March & April|
NOTE: All down payments, full payments and enrollment fees are processed immediately!
Any additional charges after setup of payment plan will reflect a change in your monthly payments (e.g. citations, drop/add classes, room or meal plan changes, fridge fees, etc.). Please do not assume your balance will automatically be adjusted if financial aid or scholarships are received or other changes are made to your student account. You should review your agreement balance online or call the University of Montevallo’s Cashier Office at 205.665.6065 to confirm the change.
NOTE: All down payments, full payment and enrollment fees are processed immediately! Two or more returned payments on a payment plan will result in termination of the payment plan. Payment in full will be due immediately to the Cashier’s Office. Other circumstances may apply. You may read further about the payment plan at: http://www.montevallo.edu/about-um/administration/business-affairs/cashiers-office/
QUESTIONS: Have additional questions on how the payment plan works? Refer to the payment plan link on the Cashier’s webpage (http://www.montevallo.edu/about-um/administration/business-affairs/cashiers-office/). You may also contact Nelnet Campus Commerce at 800-609-8056.