A Fast and Easy Way for International Students to Make Payments
CUNY and Convera GlobalPay for Students have partnered through Nelnet to provide a convenient way for you to make payments for your tuition and other fees. This allows you to pay in your home currency, either online or by bank transfer, with competitive exchange rates and takes the stress and uncertainty out of paying for your tuition.
Benefits of Convera GlobalPay for Students
- Pay tuition in your local currency.
- Pay online from your mobile, tablet, desktop devices or by bank transfer.
- Rest assured knowing your payments are received in full by CUNY.
- Track your payment every step of the way with status updates.
International payments are fast and easy with GlobalPay for Students
Log into CUNYfirst
Go to your Student Center and select the Financial Account tile. Then click on the Make a Payment button.
Select View & Pay Accounts from the left-hand menu. Enter the payment amount for each college. From the drop-down select International Payment.
- Choose the country you’re paying from and enter payment details.
- Select your preferred payment method.
Make a payment
- Online: Select from a variety of providers including AliPay, SOFORT, Unionpay, POLIpayments, WeChat Pay, iDeal, and Trustly.
- Bank transfer: receive payment instructions that you can use online.
- In-person: receive payment instructions that you can take directly to your bank for easy processing.
- Once your payment is made, track it online or via text message updates.
Best Rate Guarantee
Receive best rate guarantee via Convera GlobalPay for Students Price Promise*
*Disclaimer: If you find a lower price from your bank, we will match it. Email email@example.com with GlobalPay for Students reference plus screenshots of the quote from your bank. Terms and Conditions apply.
Wide Selection of Payment Methods
When you make a payment via Nelnet and Convera GlobalPay for Students you can choose from a wide selection of payment methods that are popular in your home country including: WeChat Pay, ALIPAY, UnionPay, ChinaPay and many more.
Why Use GlobalPay for Students and How it Works
- What are the benefits of this service
- Some of the benefits of using GlobalPay for Students include:
- Pay in the currency of your choice and enjoy multiple payment options.
- No hidden charges or receiving bank fees. You can pay from anywhere, and anyone can pay for you.
- Your funds arrive at your institution quickly and in full.
- We hold your exchange rate for 72 hours.
- Price Guarantee
- Track the status of your payment online.
- How does it work?
- The payment process varies depending on the payment option that you select.
- First, you will be asked to select the country you are paying from and the types of fees you are paying.
- Then, you will be shown your payment options and the amount owed.
- You will need to provide your name and address and some information about who is making the payment.
- After this step you will be directed to complete your payment through the provider that you selected.
- How much does it cost to make a payment on GlobalPay for Students?
- The cost of making a payment through GlobalPay for Students is built into the quote you generate on the platform. You can expect to pay no additional charges or receiving bank fees. We provide one of the most competitive payment networks in the world that offers a more direct path to moving your funds across the globe. That is why the risk of unexpected intermediary bank fees is lower than through other providers.
To give you added confidence that you are getting a competitive price, we are pleased to offer the Convera GlobalPay for Students Price Promise. If you are quoted a lower total price to transfer your payment to your institution, we will match that price.
- What are my payment options?
- GlobalPay for Students offers several different secure payment options online and offline for students across the globe. Depending on where you are making your payment from GlobalPay for Students allows you to make payments through providers such as UnionPay and Alipay in China, ICICI in India, Sofort and iDEAL in Europe, and Hana Bank in Korea. Students also have the option to make payments directly from their bank account in participating countries.
- When should I make my payment and how long will it take for the University to receive my payment?
- Depending on the payment method, it can take between 3-6 days for your payment to update to your CUNYfirst account, unless further information is required to assist with compliance.
To track the status of your payment, click here
- I need to make more than one payment – can I use the same quote and reference number?
- The quote and reference number we provide are for one-time use only. They cannot be reused for other payments. Please obtain separate quotes for each payment you will be making.
So if you are splitting your payment using multiple payment options, or if you need to send an additional payment, please log into CUNYfirst to make a separate payment and get a new quote.
- Who do I contact if I need additional support?
- Convera is available if you need additional support. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out their Contact Us page.